Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Patience Is A Virtue

As I get older (and older, and older), I realize that my patience has become shorter (and shorter, and shorter). My father once said to me that "of all things he could credit me for, perseverance was my best virtue." That may have been true then (some 10+ years ago) but with perseverance exists patience. I have come to realize that my patience level has dwindled to almost zero. Hence, my fathers credit has also suffered. I always used to say that "good things come to those who are patient". But as time goes by (and by, and by) I'm still waiting.
Yea Yea, sounds like the same old whoa is me post. But truthfully, this post is about losing patience, not about what didn't happen when expected.
Things that I remember not bothering me in the past, absolutely drive me crazy now.
  1. The government and the criminal cronies that make the decisions.
  2. Inmates
  3. Liars
  4. Cheaters
  5. People who take pride at getting over on others.
  6. Thieves (This one might be covered by inmates or might just refer to someone that has yet to be locked up)
  7. People who promise to do something and than conveniently "forget" to do it.
  8. People who won't commit to do something that they say they want to do.
  9. Wait... I'll think of another one to put here. CRS
  10. ME! I have very little patience left, and piss myself off often because I "INCONVENIENTLY" truly forget (CRS) words, birthdays, people's names, the fact that people aren't perfect and I now find myself jumping the gun when I should have been patient and waited.

2 comments:

Carole128 said...

In all honesty, it sounds like male menopause (which is the same as the female version, but without the hot flashes and crap we women go through), but MENopause which I've come to understand as not just a shift of hormones resulting in a "change of life" event, but rather, a change of perspective on life, which translated would pretty much be defined as: getting older, wiser and fed up with bullshit and being able to see through it a mile away. Oh---and by the way, with it comes cynicism. So, it might not just be Rhapsody of Man, but perhaps Rhapsody of Advancing Age. I think it wears off eventually--like upon retirement.

Unknown said...

I was so looking forward to retirement in hopes that your theory might just be valid. However, having been retired now for just about a full year, I find that my "MENopause" as you called it, has gotten worse.