Monday, October 5, 2009

The Fork In The Road

A few posts ago, I mentioned something about being in a bad place and that it must have had something to do with the way the stars were aligned or something. I didn't know at that time how true the statement might have been.

As it turns out, two years ago this week began a change in my world as I then knew it. It was the week my then wife decided to move out of our house. It was a traumatic time for me, filled with immense emotional despair, disbelief, hurt, dishonesty and of course the realization that I was going to be alone. Though I know this same thing has happened to many married couples, I was not believing that it was happening to our marriage. It began a long process of personal reflection and mourning. Enough said about the then.

Now, two years later, the fog has finally cleared and I find myself at a fork in the road of life. The road leading left will take me in nothing more than a circle. The road leading right will move me forward and on to better, happier days filled with new friends, experiences and the pleasures of life one expects. Today I have turned right! And I am planning a journey that will exceed my previous dreams and expectations.

For those of you who have known me in the past, beware. I may seem a bit different. You may like the new me, or you may hate the new me. The fact is, I was once a very confident individual. I lost that somehow over the past couple years. But this week it returned and that is the me that I am. Though it's raining outside today, the sun shines for me. Because I have finally come to grips with my emotions and have won the battle. I may seem a little colder to some, and a little smarter to others but most of all I see things a whole lot clearer.

So look out world, the me that has been locked up inside has emerged.

2 comments:

Tracilyn Hobson said...

Congratulations, JJ. I am certain that you are making a healthy choice for yourself and I look forward to getting to know the genuine, confident, warm, loving you!

Unknown said...

So what did u see at the right turn propelling u to ease on down that road, dude