Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tuck In Your Shirt!

I want to keep this blog going and I've made a promise to myself to try and add something each day. I know I'm reaching for ideas on this post so I'll just roll with it for now.

Anyway, while working at the "bars" last night, I started penning a song. Or for now the idea for a song. You see, as Corrections Officer, it seems my primary job is to repeatedly tell the inmates to do something. Something that I was taught to do at a very young age and continue to do so to this day without being told.

It seems that they forget to do it, sometimes refuse to do it, and always hem and haw when told to do it. What is it? Well the song lyric might start like this.

"Tuck in your shirt and pull up your drawers
cuz no one wants to see that junk of yours!"


Why is it so difficult for them to do? It's not an ethnic or urban thing. Inmates of all color and creed seem to have the same clothing consultant. I'm beginning to think that the State provides the consultant to them like it does everything else!

(oooh that can be a whole new post idea. Remind me later to write it)

1 comment:

Tracilyn Hobson said...

LOL...you know, I had never thought about that. Perhaps they should all be in jumpsuits!